We are currently seeking for a highly qualified applicant for a QS Engineer or QS Estimator. The ideal candidate will be responsible for estimating the costs of a planned blasting and painting project in terms of the labor, equipment and materials required. Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
He/She also collects and evaluates a company’s data in order to estimate the costs, resources, and labor needed to produce a service or product. Their duties include performing research, gathering quotations, preparing reports, and monitoring forecast plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Ensure that all necessary documents are available at hand
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Coordinate with suppliers of materials and subcontractors for obtaining quotations Preparing tender documents including bill of materials Prepare cost plan budget allocation reports by displaying numerical descriptive information
- Preparing accurate raw material requirements for fabrication Attend meetings for pre and post tender clarifications to confer with engineers, owners and contractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare variation orders Coordinate with the projects department for quantity of a work item and ensure that the price is within the estimated budget once the project is awarded
- Prepare interim payment based on actual measurement at site together with the project manager
- Preparing business letters correspondences and follow up of quotations Ensure that all supporting document are available and accurate and for any future needs
- Provide overall estimating technical expertise and coordinate activities as group/unit leader when required.
- Provide professional expertise in the resolution of complex estimating problems.
- Prepare multi-discipline, conceptual and definitive cost estimates for Capital Projects.
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations.
- Advise lower level estimators of company estimating methods/procedures, and provide estimate breakdown direction.
- Keep abreast of significant developments in cost estimating by close review of technical literature, contacts with contractors,
- Utilizes computer-estimating programs.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- Required qualified Estimator should have a working experience in marine, oil & gas, blasting & painting(anti-corrosion) companies
- Familiar with Pre Contract Administration, Quantities takeoff, Estimation software, Pre QS and Post QS background more preferable
- 3+ years of experience in the field.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies
- Superb computer competence, including database management
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools, profound knowledge of quality control standards
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills, excellent computer skills, including MS Office
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From AED3,000 – AED4,000 a month which will also be discussed upon screening & interview.
Work Remotely: No